The art: Edvard Munch, The Storm, 1893.
The news: New York NPR affiliate WNYC has created a “Dark and Stormy Mixtape” to help you ride out Hurricane Irene. Seems perfect for the Munch, no?
The source: Collection of the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
Note: Before there was The Weather Channel, there was art. Throughout the day 3rd of May will post examples of artists thrilling to big, bad, threatening storms.
- sapumu likes this
- nothingnesz likes this
- kozzila likes this
- bronwaynejohnwayne reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- rlaneri likes this
- chaffandgrain reblogged this from 3rdofmay and added:
- till-victory likes this
- forthefloods likes this
- hestosauce likes this
- observationsfabrications likes this
- wellwellwell reblogged this from 3rdofmay and added:
- flowerstorm likes this
- theredshoes likes this
- buongiorno likes this
- thisisjamesj reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- veekeev reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- 3rdofmay posted this