The art: George R. Lawrence, General View, Opening Prayer of the 1904 Republican National Convention, 1904. Little remembered now, Lawrence was one of the most famous and technologically ambitious photographers of his time. The Wikipedia entry on him provides a quick backgrounder.
The news: “Is America Ready for ‘George W. Bush on Steroids?’” by Joshua Green on TheAtlantic.com. The post is a look at Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s weekend political/prayer meeting at Houston’s Reliant Stadium.
The source: Collection of the Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
- bremser likes this
- seldo likes this
- prattphoto likes this
- nan-bot reblogged this from theatlantic
- allthelions likes this
- zackarooo likes this
- elizakendall likes this
- naderm likes this
- archv21 reblogged this from theatlantic
- lafrondeuse reblogged this from theatlantic
- zeb likes this
- factsarenothing likes this
- sweatydeath likes this
- alesiakaye reblogged this from theatlantic
- alesiakaye likes this
- tumblrtribune likes this
- wooliebear likes this
- theatlantic reblogged this from 3rdofmay and added:
- 3rdofmay posted this