The art: Francis Alys, Tornado (still from a 39-minute video), 2000-2010.
The news: “Joplin, Mo. Tornado is deadliest since 1953, death toll at 117,” by Nicholas Riccardi and Michael Muskal in the Los Angeles Times.
The source: Collection of the Museum of Modern Art, New York. On view now in “Francis Alys: A Story of Deception.” At MoMA’s exhibition website, where you can see a video of the piece, the museum presents a narrative for how Alys intended the piece to be read. This week it reads mostly as ‘danger, flirted with.’
- universalestate likes this
- happiness-in-magazines reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- theredshoes likes this
- marigriffin reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- badpoems likes this
- mskianga reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- alexisanderson reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- sam-pop likes this
- buongiorno likes this
- 3rdofmay posted this