The art: Emily Jacir, Rizek, a detail from Where We Come From, 2001-2003.
The news: “‘Miral’: Taking the Israel-Palestine Conflict Personally,” by Anna Louie Sussman for The Atlantic. The piece is a discussion of Julian Schnabel’s new film “Miral,” which examines the Israel-Palestine conflict from the point of view of a young girl and then follows her as she moves through her life. A decade ago, Jacir used a similarly personalizing, often young-people-focused strategy in Where We Come From.
The source: Collection of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- brandiewilliams likes this
- crystaloooo reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- tatoes reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- jillsies likes this
- noonies likes this
- tosh728 reblogged this from theatlantic
- tosh728 likes this
- newsunlimited reblogged this from theatlantic
- theatlantic reblogged this from 3rdofmay and added:
- 3rdofmay posted this