It’s been a good year for Zoe Strauss: Earlier this year the Philadelphia Museum of Art surveyed her 10-year “Under I-95” project in a major exhibition. Last week she was named a Magnum Photos nominee and her work is on view now at Bruce Silverstein Gallery in New York.
Strauss is one of America’s top documentary photographers — and one of the few American artists who focuses her practice on society’s have-nots. She was also my guest on Episode Ten of The Modern Art Notes Podcast.
Image: Zoe Strauss, Daddy Tattoo, Philadelphia, 2004.
- typewrit reblogged this from manpodcast
- tousathlete likes this
- phillymagicgardens likes this
- afterschoolartproject reblogged this from manpodcast and added:
- zealousbeauty likes this
- steelo likes this
- cryrabbitcry reblogged this from manpodcast
- rekidetiar reblogged this from manpodcast
- rubbishgoeshere likes this
- kozchive likes this
- huffphoto likes this
- herinnerglow likes this
- 3rdofmay reblogged this from manpodcast
- manpodcast posted this