The art: Kerry James Marshall, Our Town, 1995.
The news: “‘Black Eden,’ the Town that Segregation Built,” by Amy Robinson for NPR News.
The source: Collection of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, Ark.
Bonus: Don’t miss what Marshall said to Art21 about Our Town.
- stacston reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- checkmatebluff reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- frogsangtian likes this
- tousathlete likes this
- oati likes this
- future-feature likes this
- databitsandpussywussies reblogged this from tatsurokiuchi
- cpeeke likes this
- hydeordie likes this
- elizs likes this
- orangejuliuscaesar likes this
- whileseated likes this
- tatsurokiuchi reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- 3rdofmay posted this