The art: Cy Twombly, Fifty Days at Ilium: Shades of Achilles, Patroclus, and Hector, 1978.
The news: “Mythic Passions, ‘The Song of Achilles’ by Madeline Miller,” by Daniel Mendelsohn for The New York Times Book Review. Miller’s book tells the story of “The Iliad” from the point-of-view of Patroclus.
The source: Collection of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- untitledblogproject reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- xenia69 reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- tousathlete likes this
- oyessi likes this
- buried-denmark reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- buried-denmark likes this
- badesaba likes this
- chloecumming reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- theartofsculpture likes this
- bremser likes this
- buongiorno likes this
- abatelunare likes this
- philamuseum likes this
- nebulablue reblogged this from sisifo
- publiccollectors likes this
- sisifo reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- sexartandpolitics likes this
- 3rdofmay posted this