The art: Lari Pittman, The Veneer of Order, 1985.
The news: “Born to Not Get Bullied: Lady Gaga wants to put an end to bullying, which is both a human rights abuse and a hindrance to education.” by Nicholas Kristof in The New York Times.
The source: Collection of The Broad Art Foundation, Santa Monica, Calif. Included in the exhibition, “This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s,” on view now at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago.
Nota bene: Pittman’s painting, painted at the height of the AIDS crisis and one of the most important artworks of the 1980s, demands equality for gay men and reminds us that our nation was “conceived and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
- aldoholod likes this
- spornstar reblogged this from noh0m0
- spornstar likes this
- steflemoine likes this
- mrsims reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- newsfrompoems likes this
- frontlinespray reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- morkies-info reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- dog-trackinginfo reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- elizs likes this
- sweaterenvy likes this
- marigriffin reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- okayohyeah likes this
- iteeth reblogged this from 3rdofmay and added:
- iteeth likes this
- maryleemaynard likes this
- sisifo reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- 3rdofmay posted this