Shirin Neshat’s “Patriots” series in the exhibition “The Book of Kings.”
This week’s Modern Art Notes Podcast features Iranian-American artist Shirin Neshat, who joins me to discuss the art she’s made in response to Iran’s Green Revolution and to the Arab Spring. An exhibition of that new work, titled “The Book of Kings,” is on view at New York’s Barbara Gladstone Gallery through February 11.
To subscribe to The Modern Art Notes Podcast via iTunes, click here. To download this week’s program or to stream it, click here. To subscribe to The MAN Podcast’s RSS feed, click here. To see images of the art discussed during this week’s show,visit Modern Art Notes.
Image: “The Book of Kings.” January 13 – February 11. Installation View: Gladstone Gallery, New York Photo: David Regen. Copyright Shirin Neshat. Courtesy Gladstone Gallery, New York and Brussels.
- zepp-rose reblogged this from zkurvit
- anindaindah reblogged this from manpodcast
- anindaindah likes this
- zkurvit reblogged this from manpodcast
- streetartvol likes this
- ira89 likes this
- art855 reblogged this from manpodcast and added:
- curbsigringgold reblogged this from manpodcast
- baton-rouge-bail-bondsman reblogged this from 3rdofmay
- This was featured in #Art
- manpodcast posted this